Educational Experiences & Recognitions
Anthony Kline, Ph.D.
2011 Doctor of Philosophy
- Elementary Education, Leadership and Research
- Ball State University, 3.85/4.0 G.P.A.
2003 Master of Arts
- Special Education, Learning Disabilities Focus
- Ball State University, 3.9/4.0 G.P.A.
2001 Bachelor of Science
- Elementary Education, Health Science Endorsement
- Ball State University, 3.6/4.0 G.P.A. Cum Laude
2013- Assistant Professor, Franks School of Education, Trine University, Angola IN
2012-2013 Assistant Professor, Department of Elementary Education, Ball State University, Muncie IN
2008-2011 Faculty Instructor, Department of Elementary Education, Ball State University, Muncie IN
2003-2008 Elementary Teacher, The Orchard School, An independent private school, Indianapolis IN
2001-2003 Graduate Assistant, The Learning Center, Ball State University, Muncie IN
Courses Developed and Taught at Trine University
- EDU 211 Sophomore Practicum
- EDU 222 Educational Psychology for Elementary Education
- EDU 311 Junior Practicum
- EDU 342 The Kindergarten Experience
- EDU 452 Art for the Elementary Teacher
- EDU 464 Language Arts & Social Studies Methods
- EDU 470 Student Teaching Supervision
- ESL 323 Reading English As A Second Language
- ESL 433 Writing English As A Second Language
Courses Developed and Taught at Ball State University
- EDEL 200 Planning for the Elementary and Early Childhood Classroom
- EDEL 244 Early and Elementary Education for Social Justice
- EDEL 300 Management, Organization, and Instruction in the Elementary Education Classroom
- EDEL 350 Teaching in the Elementary Education Classroom
- EDEL 350T Transition to Teaching: Teaching in the Elementary Classroom
- EDRDG 430 Corrective Reading
- EDEL 450 Senior Seminar in Early Childhood and Elementary Education
- EDEL 450 Supervision of Doctoral Student
- EDEL 464 Student Teaching Supervisor
- EDRDG 610 The Teaching Of Reading in the Elementary School
RESEARCH, PUBLICATION, AND SCHOLARLY PRODUCTIVITY
- Kline, A. (June, 2013). Mentoring matters: Today’s lack of male mentors. Presentation at the Tutor – Mentor Leadership and Networking Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Kline, A., & Peck, E. (2012). The male box: Being a male teacher in elementary and early childhood schools. Presentation at the annual conference for National Association for the Education of Young Children, Atlanta, GA.
- Cassady, J., Cowan, K., Kline, A., & Fletcher, K. (2012). Profiles of cognitive test anxiety: Variations among students with high and low study skills. Presentation at the Association for Psychological Science, Chicago, IL.
- Ceglowski, D., Kline, A., Manwell, A., Noel, M., & Peck, E. (2010). Revealing the passion within. Spotlighted session presented at the Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- Kline, A. (2014). Kids Are Just Kids (Right?): Culturally responsive teaching in today’s classrooms. Presentation at Indiana State Teachers Association’s Fall Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Kline, A. (2014). Where is he? Males and their diminishing roles with children. Presentation at Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children, Indianapolis, IN.
- Kline, A. (2014) The Baobab experience: Growing strong children through stories and possibilities. Presentation at Indiana Purdue of Fort Wayne’s Teaching and Learning Conference, Fort Wayne, IN.
- Kline, A. (2013). The two-year wait: Today’s crisis in male mentoring. Presentation at Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children, Indianapolis, IN.
- Kline, A. (2011). Assessing the influence of social and emotional intelligence in effective educational leadership. Retrieved from ProQuest international database.
- Ceglowski, D., Baker, R., Kline, A., Noel, M., & Peck, E. (2010). The craft of research (book review). Arizona State University’s Educational Review (March), 1-6.
- Innovative Ideas Challenge, 2013. Received $1,000 for second place selection, sponsored by Trine University’s Innovation One.
- Interactive Learning Space (ILS), 2013. Received $2,000, sponsored by Ball State University’s Office of Educational Excellence Grant.
- The Leadership Board Immersive Learning Experience, 2012. Received $20,500, sponsored by Ball State University’s Provost Immersive Learning Grant.
OTHER EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES
- 2012 Phi Delta Kappa International’s Emerging Leaders Award Recipient
- 2015 Trine University Excellence in Teaching Award Recipient
- 2014 Trine University Student Athlete Faculty Appreciation Award Recipient
- 2012 Ball State University’s Excellence in Teaching Award Recipient
- 2010 Ball State University’s Excellence in Teaching Award Finalist
- 2009 Mortar Board Faculty Appreciation Award Recipient
Trine University Service
- 2014- Elementary Methods Block Practicum Coordinator
- 2014- University Assessment Committee
- 2014- University Mentor Volunteer
- 2014 Franks School of Education Search Committee
- 2013- Retention Committee
- 2013- Ad Hoc Committee for Special Education
- 2013- Franks School of Education Teacher Education Committee
- 2013- Franks School of Education Teacher Education Advisory Committee
- 2013- Franks School of Education Teacher Education Programs Advisory Committee
Ball State University Service
- 2012-2013 Men in Education Student Organization Advisor
- 2013 Elementary Education Recognition Committee
- 2009 Curriculum Affairs Sub-Committee
- 2008-2013 Elementary Education Core Committee
- 2008-2011 Graduate Studies Committee
- 2008-2009 Graduate Education Committee
Thesis/Honors Project Advisor
- 2012 Jacinda Edwards, Elementary Education
- 2012 Brittney Bousman, Elementary Education
- 2012 Samantha Craig, Elementary Education
- 2011 Lauren Rayborn, Elementary Education
- 2011 Katrina Kemiel, Elementary Education
- 2011 Amber Laugle, Elementary Education
- 2011 Katelynn Riley, Elementary Education
- 2012- Grant Proposal Reviewer, Phi Delta Kappa International
- 2012 International Trip Leader, Project Kids International
- 2008-2012 Director of Programs, Malawi-Ball State Day of Professional Development
- 2008-2011 International Trip Leader, Global Ambassadors For Children
- 2012-2013 Board of Directors, Indianapolis Academy of Excellence
- 2012 Lead Curriculum Development & Tutor Preparation Consultant, Professor Garfield’s Migrant Education Project
- 2009-2012 Educational Website Consulting Partner, Professor Garfield
- 2009-2010 Lead Educational Website Consultant, Animal Tales
- 2009 Consultant Partner, Indiana State University’s Kids Count Financial Literacy Educational Program
- 2012- Directorial Task Force Member, The Leadership Board
- 2012-2013 Mission Financial Leadership Team, Trinity Church
- 2012-2013 President, Diamond Place Homeowners Association
- 2005-2011 Vice President, Diamond Place Homeowners Association
2013 The Baobab Experience (Winter, 2013). iLearn Magazine.
2012 Education Professor Named an Emerging Leader (Winter, 2012). Ball State Alumnus, pg. 4.
2012 What Happened Next: Why more Big Sisters than Big Brothers? (2012, May 5). Muncie Star Press.
2012 YMCA Apple Tree After-school program helps Burris students change the world. (2012, April 29). Muncie Star Press.
2011 Ball State professors share alumni perspectives (2011, April 19). Ball State Daily News.
2010 A literacy journey: A 37-hour flight to deliver 60 lesson plans. (2010, September 4). Ball State Alumnus, pg. 14-15.
2010 Making it to Malawi (2010, Fall). Ball Bearings, pg. 26-31.
Invited Speaking Engagements
- 2014 Workshop presenter, entitled Learning How We Learn. Invited by Trine University’s Executive Director of Student Success and Retention, Angola, IN (October).
- 2014 Presenter, entitled The Freshmen 15: Strategies To Thrive In College. Invited by Trine University, Angola, IN (September).
- 2013 Presenter, entitled Bullying 101. Invited by What If youth organization, Pendleton, IN (April).
- 2013 Presenter, entitled The Baobab Experience: Growing Strong Children through Stories and Possibilities. Invited by Ball State University’s Office of Educational Excellence Colloquia Series, Muncie, IN (April).
- 2013 Expert panelist for Men in Education roundtable. Invited by Men in Education, Muncie, IN (March).
- 2012 Expert panelist for The 2012 Orchard School Film Festival. Invited by The Orchard School Parent Association, Indianapolis, IN (November).
- 2012 Facilitator for the Affinity Group of European American undergraduate students (EDMU 205). Invited by Dr. Ruby Cain, Muncie, IN (October).
- 2012 Keynote speaker, entitled Those Moments. Invited for Dean’s Recognition Ceremony and Reception, Muncie, IN (September).
- 2012 Keynote speaker, entitled Leadership For Impact. Invited by The Leadership Board, Muncie, IN (April).
- 2012 Presenter, entitled Introduction Into Diversity. Invited by College Mentor for Kids, Muncie, IN (February).
- 2012 Presenter, entitled Dreaming BIG. Invited by director of Education for Local/Global Citizenship, Muncie, IN (February).
- 2012 Presenter, Changing the World, Starting with Us. Invited by board member of Muncie Indiana’s United Methodist Men’s Group, Muncie, IN (January).
- American Association of Colleges for Education
- The Association of Teacher Educators
- The National Association for Education of Young Children
- Phi Delta Kappa International
- Society for Research in Child Development